Duality

Stopped running.

Friday, October 20, 2006

I, live

You taught me to smile
I smiled for you
You taught me to feel
I felt for you
You taught me to live
I lived for you
You taught me to love
I loved you



"
Goodbye my lover.
Goodbye my friend.
You have been the one.
You have been the one for me.
"

Courtesy: James Blunt


You are not here.
Yet, sometimes I see the rustle of your midnight tresses.
You are far.
Yet, sometimes I breathe the flowers that hung around you.

My angel, I worshipped you.
My queen, I adored you.
My love, I cherish you.

But…

I forgot
The lessons taught

The past is mine. It remains so long as I do. The future cannot threaten.

I smile again.
I feel again.

I live again!


9 Messages:

Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I thought the picture was so lovely. I stared at it for ages. Sometimes when people are far away, the feelings become so intense it really does physically hurt and you've captured that so well here. I love the part about 'midnight tresses' - sometimes you imagine the touch or the feel of someone and it becomes so real and it is very intense. A horrible, but wonderful feeling too. And the last lines reflect this freedom/release.

7:02 pm  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

a lovely picture that shows the random power of nature but james blunt????
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! ;)

3:45 pm  
Blogger Woman?? said...

Desperate:

I wish I could take credit for the picture. Honestly, I just found it somewhere.

5:31 am  
Blogger Woman?? said...

Jesus:

James Blunt, because I could not weave words to better portray the message that his did.
How often do people, in being lovers, forget to be friends.

5:34 am  
Blogger Russell CJ Duffy said...

only joking about james blunt. me being a musical snob. the music world is big enough to cater to all tastes.

11:24 am  
Blogger Molly Bloom said...

I'd echo Desperate Living. Your words are lovely and I know exactly how you feel. It takes courage to get through the terrifying horror to get to the last lines of the poem. It's that,which makes it seem worthwhile again. It's like the station concourse: if you go there often enough, you can be released.

4:16 pm  
Blogger Woman?? said...

Molly and Desperate:
Perhaps it is not about release or freedom. Save amnesia, I doubt that can be acheived.
Perhaps it is more like putting on weight. It is a part of you. One way or the other it adds to who you are today.
I think accepting that is important to be able to continue living.

And for the uninitiated, this is Station Concourse:
http://facesinthewater.blogspot.com/2006/10/station-concourse.html

6:31 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very few blogs have this consistent flow running through them, but yours does.
i quite liked it.
nice read, mix of emotion and humour

7:54 am  
Blogger Woman?? said...

Matches:
Well, that is not how I meant to write it.

Perhaps content got lost in an attempt to beautify form.

Isn't that what usually happens to amateurs?

8:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home